Diphenylenemethane Introduction : Diphenylenemethane, or 9H-fluorene, is a polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon. It forms white crystals that exhibit a characteristic, aromatic odor similar to that of naphthalene. It is combustible. It has a violet fluorescence, hence its name. For commercial...Send Inquiry
Diphenylenemethane, or 9H-fluorene, is a polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon. It forms white crystals that exhibit a characteristic, aromatic odor similar to that of naphthalene. It is combustible. It has a violet fluorescence, hence its name. For commercial purposes it is obtained from coal tar It is insoluble in water and soluble in many organic solvents.
Fluorene; 2,2'-Methylenebiphenyl; 2,3-Benzindene; o-Biphenylenemethane; alpha-Diphenylenemethane-9H-fluorene; 9H-fluorene; 2,2’-Methylemebiphemyl; alpha-diphenylenemethane; diphenylene-methan; Methane, diphenylene-; o-Biphenylmethane
In usually, chemical factories through distillation method to get Diphenylenemethane. The heavy oil wash including the anthracene oil front fraction was rectified by a distillation column of 60 trays, the Diphenylenemethane fraction of 290-310 ° C was cut off, and the Diphenylenemethane cut of 293-297 ° C was further fractionated by the Diphenylenemethane fraction. The narrow fractions were cooled, crystallized and centrifuged to give crude Diphenylenemethanee. The crude Diphenylenemethane was recrystallized from xylene-water mixed solvent to obtain Diphenylenemethane having a purity of about 95%, continuous refined processing for 98% or 99% Diphenylenemethane.
White crystalline powder
≥95%, ≥98%, 99%
Solubility parameter (J·cm-3)0.5
Woven bags,25kg/bag or kraft paper tube
Insoluble in water, soluble in ethanol, ether, benzene, carbon dioxide and other organic solvents
The package of all our chemical products reaching up to the industry standard, we usually use kraft drums or woven bags for our powder state products.
Diphenylenemethane is widely used as material additive in biological pharmacy, chemical research, chemical synthesis fields and so on.
1) Diphenylenemethane is a precursor to other fluorene compounds; the parent species has few applications. Fluorene-9-carboxylic acid is a precursor to pharmaceuticals. 2-Aminofluorene, 3,6-bis-(dimethylamino)fluorene, and 2,7-diiodofluorene are precursors to dyes.
2) Oxidation of fluorene gives fluorenone, which is nitrated to give commercially useful derivatives.
3) 9-Fluorenylmethyl chloroformate (Fmoc chloride) is used to introduce the 9-fluorenylmethyl carbamate (Fmoc) potecting group on amines in peptide synthesis.
4) Polyfluorene polymers (where carbon 7 of one unit is linked to carbon 2 of the next one, displacing two hydrogens) are electrically conductive and electroluminescent, and have been much investigated as a luminophore in organic light-emitting diodes.
5) Cicloprofen is a NSAID 2-arylpropionic acid made from fluorene.